The Electrify Everything Campaign
A Clean Energy Awareness & Facilitation Coalition
To achieve 100% electrification of transportation and buildings in the Bay Area and beyond using 100% clean energy.
We propose to form a coalition of partners
to spread the word using the simple-to-communicate catchphrase: “Electrify Everything.” We will develop:
- Promotion materials (logo, art, blogs, infographics, swag) to raise awareness, and
- Resources that will make it easier to adopt the three elements of the campaign.
Although there is quite a bit of enabling programs in California, people have been slow to adopt all that is available. This campaign seeks to 1) make people aware
of their non-fossil fuel choices for their cars, homes and businesses – their power and space & water heating. Further, 2) we will strategize together to facilitate the quicker adoption
of these solutions. For example, did you know?…
- CCA’s make it easy for renters or homeowners to buy 100% renewable energy even if installing solar is not practical for them. The cost is modest, yet only about 3-4% of customers have opted to buy it.
- CARB funds a financial assistance program that offers disadvantaged communities grants for EV’s
- The CEC has the “Doubling Energy Efficiency Savings by 2030” plan, which includes all-electric buildings
350 Bay Area is spearheading getting the EE campaign going and recruiting partner organizations.
Groups are asked to participate
in the development of content and materials and in the dissemination/publicity of those.
Elena Engel: elena@350BayArea.org
415 351-8823 or Rand Wrobel Rand@350BayArea.org
510 914 2349